Gavin Kistner wrote:
> The diagrams are read most easily left to right; rolling to a new line
> greatly reduces the utility, IMO. Roughly 7% of the 'net is still
> using 800x600, and surely far less of tech savvy audience.
>
> I suggest increasing the image width to at least 900px before
> wrapping, and possibly even suggest possibly never wrapping them
> (instead putting each in a scrollable section).

There are 2 problems with scrollable sections:

1.  The diagrams can't easily be printed out if one wanted to do that.

2.  Those are a lot more difficult to scan with the eye.  It is a lot easier to
scan if we can see the whole thing at once, even if on multiple lines, then if
we have to side-scroll back and forth to find things.

This said, if say making some diagrams 20% wider would lead to a large
improvement in readability, that should be fine, as these would still print
well, most people would see them without side-scrolling, the rest would only
side-scroll a bit.

-- Darren Duncan