I have several threads inside an application and each thread opens a
connection to the same database.
The application has been compiled with SQLITE_THREADSAFE = 1.
One of the threads (just one) open another database connection to the
same database used by ALL threads for all the writing operations.

So I have N threads and N+1 db connections ... and the one db
connection is SHARED between all the threads just for WRITE operations
(the others N are used just for READ operations on the db).
I thought that this approach could prevent my app from receiving a
SQLITE_LOCKED error... but sometimes it still occurs.
Any idea of the reason of the error?
Any idea about how to solve the issue without using the
sqlite3_busy_handler or sqlite3_busy_timeout functions?

Thanks a lot for the clarifications.
--
Marco Bambini