> VARCHARs. In total, my SQLite database is about 100MB. Very, very huge.

100 MB? Come on, this isn't that "BIG"....

> It seems that compressing an SQLite database is very efficient. Is there
> any way to compress/decompress a whole database on the fly ?

Well, you could license the CEROD extension, see
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/cerod.html

If this is too expensive for you, you could think about using the
compression techniques built into your operating system. So you could
use the compression of NTFS-Filesystems to use compression on the fly
(you can compress individual files and don't need to compress a complete
drive or directory). But check the performance!

Hey... as I'm thinking about that this would be something usefull... an
extension to the function sqlite3_open_v2(F,D,G,0): The third paramater
could get a flag named "SQLITE_OPEN_COMPRESSED" - this would create the
file "ntfs-compressed" if it doesn't exist....

Bye,
Michael