-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Paolo Pisati
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:55 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Hundreds of thousands of INSERTs

Griggs, Donald wrote:
> If you really have to have even more performance, you could cache
> inserts in RAM and wrap multiple INSERTS with a single transaction
> when you have a certain number cached (or if a max delay is reached).

shouldn't varying the transaction size have the same effect? moving from
4096 to 8192 didn't show any improvement.

Paolo,

My apologies -- you wrote in your original post:
   "one INSERT per row."
Which I mis-remembered as "One INSERT per TRANSACTION."

If you're already inserting 4096 rows per transaction -- then, yes,
you're right -- I wouldn't be surprized that even larger groupings don't
improve performance.

If you think you may be disk-bound rather than CPU-bound, I don't know
if going to a 15,000 RPM disk would be a possibility -- assuming you're
on something slower now -- and that the cost could be justified.

Donald