I must trade my works for currency.  "Will Code for FOOD!!!!" : - )  I
consult and architect systems professionally and really can't afford
to do much free work.  As much as I love to develop solutions, we are
not in the Star Trek age of we just live to better others and
ourselves!  If we were you would find me saying "Computer, lets work
up a new piece of software on Sqlite... etc. etc. etc."

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM, P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Allan Edwards <wallanedwa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> ..
>>
>> I have personally written a socket based server on top of the database
>> and it works very well.  So I have actually scaled the database myself
>> as I preached in this email.  Don't be a WIMP and map shares to share
>> a database... write a socket based beauty like YOURS TRULY! hehe  For
>> "most" solutions it is wonderful.  After years and building millions
>> of lines of code keeping the business delivery requirements fulfilled
>> in the most simple manner seems to be the best approach for me.  If
>> you are the same, stay agnostic to all solutions available and run up
>> a strategy that will give you the best of all worlds.  And yes, at
>> times you have to write a little EXTRA code to get there! : - )
>>
>> Allan
>>
>> P.S.  If somebody does decide to build enterprise Sqlite, I would love
>> to throw in my 2 cents on how to write the stuff on the outside to add
>> in the big dog features.  I was working out tonight and while thinking
>> about this I believe you could actually maintain the wonderfulness of
>> the core engine, then scale the library from an outside piece of code.
>>  Then you can keep integrity on both sides of the fence and not make
>> sqlite into sqlitetoomuch.
>>
> ..
>
> Have you considered taking the "socket based server" that you wrote, I
> am assuming, on top of SQLite, and donating it to public domain/open
> source, putting it on the sqlite wiki, so others may benefit?
>
> Who knows, with a seed like that, someone may well build a
> SQLiteEnterprise (as much an oxymoron as that might be).
>
> --
> Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org/
> Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
> Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) http://www.osgeo.org/