On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:17:56 +0000 (GMT)
Swithun Crowe <swit...@swithun.servebeer.com> wrote:

> php -i | grep -i sqlite will tell you the versions that are being
> used on your machine.

ok thanks!

i couldn't do php -i (bash: php: command not found), may be i have to install
the cli php?

however,

dpkg -l | grep -i sqlite
gives

ii  libsqlite0  2.8.17-4
ii  libsqlite3-0 3.5.9-6
ii  php5-sqlite5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
ii  sqlite3 3.5.9-6

which would suggest that we have a version problem.

so instead of
$base = new SQLiteDatabase($dbname, 0666, $err)

i use
$base = new PDO("sqlite:$dbname", 0666, $err)

the db file gets written, but if i try to create a table i get
Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on a non-object
for the line with
$db->query(....)

the permissions are set for www-data ownership so it's not like the thing can't
be written to which is one of the problems that came up for this error on the
net.

it's like the db hasn't been created properly, perhaps?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's