Alberto Simões wrote:
> I was just wondering, is it a good idea to bundle SQLite in the Perl Module?
> Wasn't it better to use the system version, if it is available? (well,
> I think this isn't done as I have it on the system and DBD::SQlite
> just compiled it...)

This was discussed, and it was deemed best to bundle the library.  That way it
ensures users get the latest version of the library when they update the DBD
module, and the parts are known and tested together, versus system ones that
tend to be out of date.  You can still choose to use the system version, but
that isn't the default.  Also one of the advantages of SQLite in Perl vs other
DBMSs is that its drop-dead simple to install, and the bundling is part of that
experience. -- Darren Duncan