From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]on Behalf Of Simon Slavin
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:23 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Datatypes (D. Richard Hipp)

On 16 Jun 2009, at 5:32pm, Fred Williams wrote:

> Still think, logically speaking, the construct should throw an error
> message, rather than make stealth changes to the expected result.

I suppose it might be possible to provide SQLite with a 'conform to
standard' mode you could select using a PRAGMA.  However, I used to
have to work entirely within SQL92 (working for a big client which
insisted on standard conformance) and it was a pain: the standard
lacks many features we find very useful.

Simon.
--
  http://www.hearsay.demon.co.uk | I'd expect if a computer was involved
                                 | it all would have been much worse.
    No Buffy for you.            |                -- John "West" McKenna
    Leave quickly now. -- Anya   |          THE FRENCH WAS THERE