That might be an option to consider.  But, I think there might be a rather
small number of potential SQLite users interested.  I would think the group
with the greatest benefit of that kind of package would be students and
serious rookies.

Most users I feel either pre possess the required expertise to work with the
current source package or, like me, prefer to leave the implementation
details to those supplying the pre packaged .DLL's.  I could work from
source, but why bother?  I guess I'm getting lazy or am too willing to
accept what is prepackaged.

My main purpose is to utilize a small tightly implemented database that I do
not have to deal with below the prepackaged level.  If that was not possible
with SQLite, I would still be looking I suppose.  I would suspect that the
majority of users are pretty much in my camp.  I'll go so far as to say
20/80, the golden rule of most everything in life.  With 20 being the Gurus
or wana'bes and 80 the rest of us.

BTW, I'll go further and say that fewer than 20 of the above 80 even know
about this mailing list ;-)

Dr. Hipp may be able to back this up with some general numbers if he wishes
to totally waste his time...

Fred