Hi, CityDev,

Regarding:
  All you have to do is copy

That's handy - I didn't realise that. However I suggest it's good
practice to dump and reload in these kinds of situations. I don't yet
know how SQLite works but I suspect a reload will get the physical data
into a better shape and clear out deleted items etc. Do you know where's
there's documentation on this?

--

Dr. Hipp is the originator of sqlite, so it's hard to find advice more
authoritative than his.   For removing deleted items (which would be

If you still need an external ascii dump, there is a
command-line-interface utility documented at:
   http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html
The ".dump" command gives you sql which can rebuild a database (via the
".read" command).