From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]on Behalf Of John Stanton
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:32 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLJet - pure Java implementation of SQLite

In this situation it has been our approach to never try to translate
source in one language into another.  It is a  pointlesss activity when
you think about it.  Much better to have the C or whatever compiler have
a different code generator, for example Java target code.

You are not rev locked that way and if your C compiler optimizes well
you have an efficient executable.  Your JIT compiler still works.

People would spend months translating program into error ridden monsters
instead of spending less time working on a compiler and ending up with
unchanged source with no added errors and which can be easily maintained
in the origibal code with the comments still meaningful.