Stef Mientki <s.mien...@ru.nl> wrote:
> I'm just an amateur  struggling with databases,
> so forgive if  I ask  a question every database user should know.
>
> The situation is like this (simplified):
>
> I've a table with persons: name, address, phone, etc.
> I've another table with vehicles: car_or_bike, brand, type,
> build-year, etc. The 2 tables are bounded by bind table: person_ID,
> vehicle_ID
>
> I know that every person has 1 car and 1 bike
>
> I want to show up a table, with 3 columns:
>      persons.name          vehicle.brand[car]
> vehicle.brand[bike]

select p.name, v1.brand, v2.brand
from persons p join bind b1 on (p.person_ID = b1.person_ID)
    join vechicles v1 on (b1.vehicle_ID = v1.vehicle_ID and
v1.car_or_bike = 'car')
    join bind b2 on (p.person_ID = b2.person_ID)
    join vechicles v2 on (b2.vehicle_ID = v2.vehicle_ID and
v2.car_or_bike = 'bike');

Igor Tandetnik