Alberto Simões wrote:
> Dear SQLite users,
>
> I am preparing a temporal database. Basically, entries will have a compound
> key composed by the real key and some kind of time stamp. This is not
> complicated to do, but I would like to know if anybody did something similar
> and if:
>  - used the number of non-leap seconds since whatever time the system
> considers to be the epoch, as time stamp
>  - used an auto-increment value as the time-stamp, and adding the time stamp
> as an auxiliary column,
>  - knows of any Perl module that hides this time management.
>
> Thanks for your ideas.
> ambs

For time-stamps, the best thing to use is a simple count of TAI seconds, same
as
the Perl 6 core (S02) Instant type.  Save representing dates as YMDHIS for
user-entered artifacts.  You can also convert the TAI to a YMDHIS for user
display when necessary, but otherwise that extra complexity isn't needed.
AFAIK, TAI can be determined in the first place simply as an offset from the
Unix integer time, I think.  Various Perl modules exist to help; search for TAI
on CPAN. -- Darren Duncan