On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

> Show what the data looks like now, show the statement you are running, and
> define "not working".

Igor,

   Here are two records:

sqlite> select * from Penalties limit 2;
2009-071|Water Quality, Storm Water|NWR|205 Auto Salvage,
Inc.|Portland|Belete|smith|CP|Failing To Collect Monitoring Data Required In
Schedule B of The Permit|2009-05-07|
2004-159|Water Quality, Storm Water|NWR|205 Auto Salvage,
Inc.|Portland|Jurries|Camilleri|CPDO|Any Violation Related To Water Quality
Which Is Not Otherwise Classified In These Rules.|2005-02-14|1335

   The statement I'm running, and the lack of response is shown by these
statements:

sqlite> select count(*) from Penalties;
1477
sqlite> delete from Penalties where DateIssued < '2005-01-01';
sqlite> select count(*) from Penalties;
1477

   There are the same number of records after I run the delete statement
because none were deleted. Trying a select using the same where clause
results in no rows returned.

Rich