On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Simon Slavin wrote:

> I'm using a TRIGGER that is triggered AFTER INSERT.  The INSERT commands
> do not know or set the value for the ROWID column.  Can I reliably fetch
> the value for this column from 'NEW.' ?  Or can I rely only on values
> which are explicitly set in the INSERT command ?

Simon,

   I cannot directly answer your question because I have always avoided using
the rowid for _anything_. There's no guarantee that a given row will always
have the same position in the set, so all the SQL experts I've read advise
against using it. Can you assign a unique identifier to each row as the
primary key? If so, use that in the trigger.

Rich