Hi,

In trying to understand shared cache mode, I would like to know why one
would Not use it.  According to
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/sharedcache.html, shared cache mode "can
significantly reduce the quantity of memory and IO required by the system."

In http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users@sqlite.org/msg26239.html,
Dr. Hipp mentions some threading restrictions related to shared cache
mode, but all of them seem to have been dropped in version 3.5.0.  For
example, whereas shared cache was previously enabled/disabled for only
one thread, now it is for an entire process
(http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/c3ref/enable_shared_cache.html).  Even
the virtual table restriction was removed in version 3.6.17
(http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/sharedcache.html).

So if the threading restrictions no longer exist, and if shared cache
mode is better performing in terms of memory usage and I/O, why is it
not the default?  What is the advantage of not using it?

Thanks,

Nicolas Rivera