Hi Tim,

>   ... where myTextColumnUsingDefaultBinaryCollation like 'foo%'

Did you try

   ... where myTextColumnUsingDefaultBinaryCollation glob 'foo*'

GLOB is hardcoded as case-sensitive and more likely a candidate to
using index.  Just check it.

>2.  In Adobe, one is not able to load a user-defined function as an
>extension.  I need a *raw* codepoint-by-codepoint reversal of a text
>string, which makes no attempt to distinguish between Unicode combining
>characters and base-characters, similar to what can be done in Oracle
>and SQLServer.

Does Adobe actually filter out statements similar to:

   select sqlite3_load_extension('mylibrary', 'entrypoint');

If they do, then they really have something against _you_ ;-)

If they don't (which is what I would wild guess) then I've offered you
something that should perform per your requirements.  BTW I've a
revise, expanded version available with (portable) a NUMERIC Unicode
sort (lexicagraphic sort of variable-size text numbers sucks).

>B. Create another LIKE that is *always* case-sensitive. RAWLIKE or SLIKE
>or whatever. It does a simple codepoint-by-codepoint test and doesn't
>have any special intelligence for ASCII/LATIN.

That's GLOB, already in the box and free.

>RAW STRING REVERSAL
>This is a simple function and the other major players have it.  It seems
>to me that it should be easy to implement. Concerns about combining
>characters and base characters and higher order Unicode intelligence
>could be saved for a UREVERSE() function, one which preserves Unicode
>composed characters.

If you need I can make a limited verion of my extension for you with
only the functions you need.