I originally experienced the problem using a couple of Windows sqlite
managers. It seems that ones using the latest few versions of sqlite have
the problem, variously reported as:
"Access violation at address xxxxxxxxx in module xxxxxxxx. Read of address
00000005", where x is dependent on the application. Of the three that I
tested that had this crash, two reported it thusly, one threw up an
unhandled Win32 exception and croaked - they are all, I believe using 3.6.21
or 22.

Running the sqlite.exe command line version 3.6.22 throws up the unhandled
Win32 exception.
Running the 3.6.17 release gracefully reports "SQL error near line 1: no
such collation sequence: RMNOCASE".

The errors and crashes are from the following query:
SELECT
  Name COLLATE NOCASE
FROM
  AddressTable
WHERE
  Name LIKE '%_';

This revised query works on all versions listed above:
SELECT
  Name COLLATE NOCASE AS NewName
FROM
  AddressTable
WHERE
  NewName LIKE '%_' ;

as does:
SELECT
  Name
FROM
  AddressTable
WHERE
  Name COLLATE NOCASE LIKE '%_';

I can forward you a sample database but I do not have access to the RMNOCASE
collation.

Tom

"D. Richard Hipp" <d...@hwaci.com> wrote in
message news:41371dfd-279f-429d-9186-476efb63e...@hwaci.com...