Wow, that's interesting news. Berkeley DB is still GPL/commercial, I guess? I
hope SQLite will keep on going under public domain, including its B-tree
level.

Also, here's an interesting statement in the BDB/SQLite announcement:

> Thus, applications written to the SQLite version 3 API can switch to using
> Oracle Berkeley DB with no code changes, by re-linking against the
> Berkeley DB SQLite library. The application-level behavior of the two
> products is identical, but the advanced features of Berkeley DB provide
> SQLite applications improved performance, concurrency, scalability, and
> reliability.

Could you please comment on that?
Does that mean SQLite storage level is less reliable than BDB?
Are there any performance measurements and comparison of SQLite vs.
SQLite/BDB?
Does SQLite/BDB really provide more concurrency, while maintaining
SERIALIZABLE isolation level?

Thanks!
Igor