Hi

We are building a Windows application using a read-only Sqlite database. When
executing many queries in a short time, we sometimes get SQLITE_CANTOPEN from
sqlite3_step. Checking GetLastError gives us error code 123: The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. If we open the database in
read-write mode this problem is not reproduced.

This is the only application accessing the database and only from a single
thread (although the application has other threads).

Using ProcMon we notice that when this happens, Sqlite is trying to open a new
file with a gibberish name which explains the OS error. At what time does
sqlite3_step needs top open a file (considering the database is opened in
read-only mode?) what can explain the weird file name?

Thanks