Hi,

looking for help please.  Database is a db3, fields are varchar.  The problem
is that a necessary updating service for this database looks for 'blank'
fields, of which there are many, and if there are any, updates ALL the info for
that record.  The problem is that I want to update with correct info and don't
want it overwrittten.  I thought if I could at least insert a sinlge character
it would
stop the auto update.  I tried using a statement
UPDATE Aircraft SET CN = "*" where CN = "";
as a test which worked, but not for all records.  I don't know if the blank
fields are empty or null

mtia
Mark