> > Sorry for elementary questions but when implementing a REGEXP function
> > (I'm using PCRE from pcre.org) I need to know in which order the two
> > arguments (target, pattern) will be passed to the function.
> >
> > I also would like to retain the last pattern used in compiled form
> > (connection-wise).  Is the use of sqlite3_get_auxdata possible in this
> > context as it is in overriding LIKE functions, for instance?
> >

>REGEXP works just like LIKE and GLOB.

Thanks Richard for this confirmation.

Digging further I found mention of this only in the VTAB description,
but may be a mention or link to the infix argument reversal should
appear in the LIKE, GLOB, REGEXP, MATCH description, as implementing
simple extension functions doesn't imply immersion in VTAB stuff (IMVHO).