Thanks for the responses.

Our application is typically implemented on a standard laptop PC.  It seems
that the symptoms displayed are consistent with what this list describes
would happen,  so it looks like I can start thinking of how to write a
defence.   It does suddenly become very slow.

I think the potential solutions we may implement  are all in application
code, so not really an SQLite problem.

Thanks,
Adam

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:07 AM, eLaReF <ela...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Talking as a Windows user only rather than an SQL expert (I'm not even
> good enough to call myself a beginner!)
>
> Are we talking about a small netbook type with only say 8GB of memory
> and no hard drive.
>
> If a Windows m/c has a hard drive, surely virtual memory
> (drive-swapping) comes into play?
> It would, of course become v-e-r-y slow in comparison.
>

> eLaReF
>

> On 18/04/2011 14:46, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
> > You won't be able to insert. The statement will fail.
> >
> > Pavel
> >

> > On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Adam DeVita<adev...@verifeye.com>
>  wrote:
> >> Good day,
> >>
> >> What happens if you insert more than your RAM size into an in memory
> >> database?
> >> (I'm particularly interested in the Windows context).
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Adam

VerifEye Technologies Inc.
905-948-0015x245