I am using sqlite3(sqlite-3.7.0.1) with WAL enabled as storage for a
multiprocessing daemon(python). On doing a BULK insert of .5 million rows
each of size 230 bytes in batches of 500 where each batch is a transaction,
following errors happen in other processes which perform (<10) SELECTS and
INSERTS.

These errors does not happen always and database do function even after
these errors. SELECTS, INSERTS queries after the BULK insert operation do
succeed after the batch operation is completed.

   - file is encrypted or is not a database
   - database table is locked

Sqlite3 configuration

   - 'PRAGMA synchronous=OFF'
   - 'PRAGMA journal_mode=wal'
   - 'PRAGMA wal_checkpoint=FULL' Rest of the configuration parameters have
   have default values

If I continue BULK inserts with a sleep of 30 sec, after 10+ runs I
see *'database
disk image is malformed' . *After that the table to which BULK inserts were
made does not work. They fail with same error '*database disk image is
malformed'.*. Other tables do respond to queries.

Any clues on the root cause ? Is this a Sqlite3 WAL bug ?

Thanks

Anoop