I have this database of employees. A simple select looks like this:

  > select ename, job from emp order by job;
  "ENAME", "JOB"
  ==============
  "SCOTT", "ANALYST"
  "FORD", "ANALYST"
  "SMITH", "CLERK"
  "ADAMS", "CLERK"
  "JAMES", "CLERK"
  "MILLER", "CLERK"
  "JONES", "MANAGER"
  "BLAKE", "MANAGER"
  "CLARK", "MANAGER"
  "KING", "PRESIDENT"
  "ALLEN", "SALESMAN"
  "WARD", "SALESMAN"
  "MARTIN", "SALESMAN"
  "TURNER", "SALESMAN"

I then ran a query grouping employees by job:

  > select ename, job from emp group by job;
  "ENAME", "JOB"
  "FORD", "ANALYST"
  "MILLER", "CLERK"
  "CLARK", "MANAGER"
  "KING", "PRESIDENT"
  "TURNER", "SALESMAN"

Now, I get a list of the jobs, and a random selection of employees. I would have expected an error here. Of course, my actual query was different (this is based on the Oracle example data base from very old days), but it was also much more complicated, so I did not notice the error until a bit of fishing around. So getting an explicit error here would have made things simpler.

Is there a way to do that? "PRAGMA strict" was one thing I thought about looking for, but I did not find any such pragma.

Best,
Magnus