On 13 Jan 2012, at 9:49pm, John Elrick wrote:

> 3.6.17,
> _sqlite3_exec calls _malloc 1,101 times
> _sqlite3_step calls _malloc 1,812 times
>
> 3.7.9
> _sqlite3_exec calls _malloc 65,227 times
> _sqlite3_step calls _malloc 47,109 times
>
> At this point I've exhausted my avenues of research.  Does anyone have any
> further ideas as to what may be going on which could cause this increase in
> memory management activity?  Or any suggestions of where to look next?

Can you patch the call, or do something else, in order to find out the total
amount of memory which _malloc is being called to allocate ?  In other words,
if you have 60 times the number of calls, is it allocating 60 times the amount
of memory, or asking for smaller pages so it has to ask for more of them, or
are the extra calls to malloc failing ?

Simon.