On 27.04.2012 15:08, Gabriel Corneanu wrote:

> With the amalgamation, it's also quite easy to compile to one obj and
> link directly in Delphi (similar to jpeg; that's probably what you also
> do). No pun intended, why should I pay for it?

- DISQLite3 Personal edition if free!

- DISQLite3 is 64-bit and you are looking for 64-bit SQLite.

- DISQLite3 is *not* compiled from the amalgamation. This enables
Delphi's smart linking by excluding unused features like FTS, RTree,
etc. Your application file size shrinks.

- DISQLite3 contains the *complete* SQLite3 API, not only those most
commonly used. It also includes extensions not part of sqlite3.dll.

- DISQLite3 is well tested before each release. New APIs and
functionality are added to the internal DUnit test suite. Problems are
reported back to the SQLite community.

- DISQLite3 uses fastcall / register calling conventions and Delphi's
internal memory manager. This makes it faster then sqlite3.dll.

- DISQLite3 is regularly updated. This saves you from maintaining your
own, local API translations so you can focus on your application.

Ralf