Rob Richardson wrote:

> This is the first I have heard of this feature or requirement or whatever
this is.
> This statement seems to be saying that the "System.Data.SQLite
managed-only assembly"
> is different from the "System.Data.SQLite assembly".  Is that true?  When
I download
> a new version of the System.Data.SQLite installation package, how will I
tell the
> difference between the two?

The download page for System.Data.SQLite refers to packages that contain one
of the two
kinds of System.Data.SQLite assemblies:

1. The "managed-only assembly", which contains only managed (CLR) code and
uses the
   SQLite.Interop.dll native library.

2. The "mixed-mode assembly", which contains native (x86 -OR- x64) and
managed (CLR)
   code.  This assembly does not use the SQLite.Interop.dll native library
because all
   that code is built into the mixed-mode assembly itself.

The FAQ also contains some useful information on mixed-mode assemblies:

        https://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/faq.wiki

--
Joe Mistachkin