On 25 May 2012, at 2:45am, Andrew Cherednik
<andrew.chered...@healthscope.com.au> wrote:

> Tried different timeouts. The timeouts will basically make the program hang,
> but eventually the transaction will end with SQLITE_BUSY error.

Hmm.  _BUSY with a timeout of 13 seconds suggests an underlying problem rather
than just a speed problem.  If you are doing _finalize() properly, and you are
checking the result codes returned by /every/ sqlite3 call you make, and you
are grouping SQL commands with transactions where appropriate, then I think
Igor's ideas are probably going to help you most.

Simon.