Have you looked at this?
http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/08/07/updated-how-to-using-sqlite-from-windows-store-apps.aspx

Thanks for that link.  Yes, I have looked at it before.

Just to make it clear, I know that, according to that blog, sqlite-net will work from Metro and desktop. I also know, according to a previous post, that System.Data.SQLite should theoretically work with .NET 4.5.

But, long term, what makes more sense? That's where I was going with my questions. For example, if there were no plans for sqlite.org to continue supporting System.Data.SQLite, then perhaps it would make more sense for me to look now, rather than later, at other alternatives -- alternatives that could work with both metro and desktop apps.

Although Windows 8 is not out for general availability yet, I am hoping some developers have thought about that and may give me some pointers. I am also hoping the team at sqlite.org could perhaps share if there are any plans for System.Data.SQLite moving forwards.

I am finding that Windows 8 is different enough that it is causing a lot of developers to re-think what they will or will not support, particularly on the .NET side.

Thanks,

Nick