The operating system is Windows7 x64 Ultimate, 4 Gb RAM
I have not specified any PRAGMAs when run sqlite3.exe. The program was
launched normally (in non-elevated mode).
The database file is located on the local disk (C:) with a 95 GB of free
space

Here's how I launch this:
C:\temp\131418>sqlite3.exe problem.db
SQLite version 3.7.14.1 2012-10-04 19:37:12
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> delete from differential_parts_temp where
plan_id='bf43c9ae-d681-4f2a-be19-0e0426db2b43';
Error: out of memory
sqlite>

It works for about 10 minutes on my not loaded i5-2400 3.1Ghz, reaching by
this moment about 1.7Gb of memory in task manager, and then fails.