Igor Korot wrote:
Well, that the closest definition of the data I'm about to put into
this database.
I am making a sport related application and need to store the data
about the teams, players etc.
User should be able to add/edit/delete this information and this
information will be presented
in the GUI.
Now the application is not creating the database - I am. The
application/user is just uses the data
in it.
So on the first start there should be records in the db already.

However, from you response I gather I will need an application
installer which will ask the user "Where
do you want to store the database with the data?" Am I correct?
If yes, what I can use in order to create such distribution package? I
presume it should be something
like XCode installer, which asks couple of questions first and then
copy everything.
If no, then could you clarify, please.

You should not have an application installer, at all. Instead, you can ask the question on where to store the database when the user opens your program. Or better yet, your application should have menu commands like "new database" and "open database", where if they choose the former then you ask them (using Apple's standard method) where that database goes. If they chose "open database", then you can let them open an existing one, or one should be able to double-click the database file in the Finder to open that one instead, which is what Mac users expect. As such, your application should support having multiple databases per user, even if they may typically just use one. If users open your program directly and not by double-clicking on a database file, you could automatically bring up a prompt to make a new one, as if they used the "new database" menu. -- Darren Duncan