Alejandro Martínez wrote:
Thanks Richard, that makes perfect sense.

Thanks Howard, but i don't know what you are talking about, so i will
google "copy-on-write".

See the papers and presentations here:
   http://www.symas.com/mdb

Source code for SQLite is here:
   http://gitorious.org/mdb

Григорий Григоренко, Interesting! I'll consider this approach if at some
point i'm able to go "scorched earth" and start this from scratch, but at
this point i would have to change too much stuff.

I will go with the WAL solution for now. I'm just worried a buggy process
could hang while having a prepared statement open and cause the wal file to
grow forever, then causing errors in other processes.

--
  -- Howard Chu