On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Dan Kennedy <danielk1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another way to go is to use the 'merge=X,Y' and 'automerge=0' commands:
>

> http://www.sqlite.org/fts3.**html#mergecmd<http://www.sqlite.org/fts3.html#mergecmd>

 I tried a few variations on merging and automerging, and they did help to
a point. We still had the problem of only needing to search a small subset
of the full text index, and that simply is not possible without separating
it into multiple "buckets". Admittedly it is not the standard usage for the
full text index system, but it has worked well enough for us, and the price
can't be beat (especially if you try to compare it with some commercial
solutions, such as dtSearch; OUCH!). Not that I am opposed to paying for
code on principle, it was just *really* expensive.

SDR