Ok, thanks. I understand offset will come with a performance slowdown, but
should be ok for my purpose.

However, how can I get the offset(s) as part of the rank function
implementation? The FTS offsets function is private:

SQLITE_PRIVATE void sqlite3Fts3Offsets(sqlite3_context*, Fts3Cursor*);

Regards
Ben