> On 16 Jul 2013, at 4:39am, Bernd Lehmkuhl <be...@web.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 15.07.2013 22:26, schrieb Simon Slavin:
>>>
>>> The following two statements do different things.
>>>
>>> INSERT INTO myTable VALUES (01)
>>> INSERT INTO myTable VALUES ('01')
>>>
>>> Can you tell what's being done in your setup ? Is there a way using your
>>> API that you can stress that the value you're binding or inserting is text,
>>> not a number ?
>>
>> As I use a parameterized query, I'm pretty certain that it should be '01' -
>> the second case. Stepping through the code in VS Debugger also shows that
>> DbType of that parameter is String and Value is '01'.
>
> If the column in the table really is defined as TEXT, and the INSERT commands
> do have apostrophes around the values, then SQLite3 should not be losing that
> zero.
>
> Can you open the database in some other tool (e.g. the sqlite3 command-line
> tool, available from the SQLite site) and see what the table schema says ?
> Your commands should be something like
>
> sqlite3 myDatabaseFile
> .schema
> .quit
>
> If you have lots of tables you can do ".schema mytable" instead of just
> ".schema".
>
> If you want to experiment you can manually type in an INSERT yourself, then
> do a SELECT and see whether the zeros were preserved.
>
> Simon.

Hi Simon,

The actual table definition is :
CREATE TABLE T_VWG_ABFALLVERZEICHNIS (SCHLUESSEL String, BESCHREIBUNG String,
BEMERKUNG String, ID_GUID String, IST_PAUSCHALIERT String,
IST_KATEGORIE_ESK_BETRIEBSSTOF String);

SQLite version 3.7.16.2 2013-04-12 11:52:43
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> select schluessel, typeof(schluessel)
   ...> from t_vwg_abfallverzeichnis
   ...> where id_guid in ('BEE7F6108F02416FA0C9D5DC777DB172',
'6061A3864C2546C4A7DDA9FDB321459F');
1|integer
01 01|text
sqlite>

I *expected* to gain TEXT affinity through the use of System.Data.SQLite and
it's strongly typed types (doppelt gemoppelt?), but apparently this is not
totally effective. Maybe Joe Mistachkin can say something about that?

Bernd