On 7/20/2013 7:33 PM, Simon Slavin wrote:
The problem here is that various tutorials have shown incorrect examples for
the thing after the 'AS'.  Some show it without quotes, and some show it with
single quotes.  If I understand correctly the intention of the developers is
that the name should not be quoted.

That name in ATTACH should follow the same rules as any other name - say, a table or column names in CREATE TABLE statement. That is, it should be an identifier, or it should be enclosed in double quotes or (as a non-standard extension) square brackets or, under certain circumstances, single quotes (the latter is only possible in context where string literals cannot syntactically appear).

Personally, I feel it is best to stick to valid identifiers if at all possible, and to double quote-enclosed names otherwise.
--
Igor Tandetnik