On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abei...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Basically it's several tables implementing Object-Propery-Value metaphor
>
> Hurray! The Entity–attribute–value (EAV) anti-pattern!

pattern, anti-pattern... I think the main principle should be "whatever
works" :)
As for my experience, this was started when I wanted to extract the
information from the CIA Factbook data. And this was 170 columns for more
than 150 countries. Making it triple storage with the excellent sqlite
support allowed very flexible data and queries, for example showing the
data about single country as a long table with two columns: property
name/property value, not mentioning other comparison queries, vertical or
horizontal depending on the goal. Queries become bigger, I admit, usually
this involves extra join, but they are still manageable

Max