On 31 Jul 2013, at 12:56pm, techi eth <techi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have followed below link for details. It say “If another thread or
> process writes to the source database while this function is sleeping, then
> SQLite detects this and usually restarts the backup process when
> sqlite3_backup_step() is next called”.
>
> - It means it will start back-up from start or resume from last left page
> but making sure all update will be written in backup file.

Every time a change is made the backup has to restart from the beginning again.
 So if, for example, it would take 300 seconds to backup the entire file, the
backup process will not complete until there has been a 300 second period when
no changes were made to the file.

> - Is their any issue if process acquiring database handle will do both the
> operation (Writing & Backup).

No.  This is not a problem.  Though, of course, if anything does use that
handle to write to the database the backup will be (automatically) restarted.

> http://www.sqlite.org/backup.html

Simon.