On 2013.09.17 4:28 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Amit <amit.ut...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to run the following update statement
if pragma user_version == 2.

How can I incorporate that in this query?

UPDATE pass_key
SET key = (SELECT textval FROM saved.pass_key b WHERE b.field='key')
WHERE name="KeyLock";

I've tried using CASE..WHEN..ELSE but it doesn't seem to
like the pragma statement in there.

You can access the user version using "PRAGMA user_version".
Unfortunately, you cannot combine a pragma with a larger query.

Could you add information_schema analogies to SQLite so that information like what "pragma user_version" returns could then be accessed in arbitrary queries? This probably wouldn't be too much work and would be a very powerful addition. I'm not asking full information_schema support, but rather a representation of SQLite metadata as tablevars. -- Darren Duncan