On Oct 1, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Joe Mistachkin <sql...@mistachkin.com> wrote:

> Warren Young wrote:
>>
>> It can't build a shared library (DLL) on Cygwin any more:
>>
>> ./libtool --mode=link gcc   -g -O2 -DSQLITE_OS_WIN=1 -I. -I./src
>> -I./ext/rtree -D_HAVE_SQLITE_CONFIG_H -DBUILD_sqlite -DNDEBUG
>> -I/usr/include -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1
>> -o libsqlite3.la sqlite3.lo  \
>>          -rpath "/usr/local/lib" -version-info "8:6:8"
>> libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
>> shared libraries
>>

> Are there any further details you could provide that would point us in the
> direction of which symbols are "undefined"?

I tried Googling to see if there was a mode for libtool that would make it tell
you, but I don't see it.

I imagine I could find it with fossil bisect, but I was hoping that just
mentioning the problem here would cause someone close to the development effort
to smack their heads and say "Ah, it must be sqlite3_foobie_bletch(), which we
just added."

Let me know if enlightenment fails to occur; I will begin a-bisecting.

> It looks like you are compiling the amalgamation.  What were the command
> line options used to generate it?

I checked tip out of the fossil repo, and just did "./configure && make".

I actually started with a much more complex build setup, but pared it back
piece by piece hoping to find out which of my additions was to blame.  Turned
out, none of them were.

It's possible I missed backing some change out.  Tomorrow I will try re-opening
the repo in a fresh directory.