Further in http://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html , there is what I
think is infelicitous punctuation in section "2.8 Transient Indices":

"The new sort algorithm will also use temporary files, but not in the
same way as the current implementation, the temporary files for the
new implementation will probably not be index files. "

The part after the second comma is an entire main clause, and joining
it to the other two parts with a comma seems unfortunate to me; I
think a semicolon or even a full stop (US: period) would be more
appropriate here.

Or change "but not in the same way as the current implementation" to
something like "but unlike in the current implementation", in which
case the comma would be fine for me.

(My preference would be to keep the wording but change the punctuation.)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.new...@pobox.com>