At 08:45 11/12/2013, you wrote:

My case wasn't about messing anything up, but simply moving a document.

Just like moving the canvas while the artist is painting? Or is it moving the notebook while the schoolkid writes on it?

This is prone to produce dribbles or worse, in my view. I fail to see what the canvas/notebook/brush/pen makers could do to prevent such misuse.

The fact that some filesystems of Unix-like OSes allow moving or deleting files while in use doesn't make it a sensible behavior in most other systems SQLite has been ported to. It is rather to the developpers of applications running on such ill-behaved systems to prevent disaster caused by malicious users.

This is similar to the backup of files while applications use them. Unless the OS has special provisions to deal with the situation (e.g. versionning) you can't guarantee that every file will be backed up in a consistent state.

--
<mailto:j...@q-e-d.org>j...@antichoc.net