I suppose I could set the environment variables but that feels... funky
since they apply to the user as a whole.

One thing I did notice when debugging is that on these copied assemblies,
the Assembly.CodeBase property has the original location of the Assembly
before running. I'm guessing this is what SQLCE uses for its preloading. If
we used Assembly.CodeBase as part of the config file search and environment
variable (or configuration file) variable such as
"PreLoadSQLite_CodeBaseDirectory" to make the CodeBase directory the base
directory for the preload, we'd handle this situation.

I'd be happy to make a patch if it's one you'd accept.

Eric