On Fri, 2/21/14, Igor Tandetnik <i...@tandetnik.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [sqlite] partially excluding records
 To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
 Date: Friday, February 21, 2014, 2:58 PM

 On 2/21/2014 1:23 PM,
 David Bicking wrote:
 >> SELECT Key, COUNT(STATUS) Cnt
 >> , MIN(STATUS) || CASE WHEN COUNT(STATUS)>1 THEN '+' ELSE '' END Statuses
 >> FROM T1
 >> WHERE ...
 >> GROUP BY KEY;
 >>

> You might be looking for something like this:
> select key, sum(STATUS != 'C') + (case when sum(STATUS != 'C') = 0 then
> sum(STATUS
> 'C') else 0 end) Cnt, ...

> No special WHERE clause needed.

*** found another typo in my example, that should have been WHEN COUNT(DISTINCT
STATUS)>1 ***

*** Annoying that they make up their minds that they want it to work like this
today, then end the meeting with... and you can have this done by Monday,
right? I need to calm down. ***

Anyway, there are other fields and messy CASE statements that probably wouldn't
work with this solution.

But I am curious, wouldn't this yield a "Statuses" for key 2 of 'C+', when it
should be 'O'?

Thanks,
David