On 11/2/2014 1:57 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM, <to...@acm.org> wrote:

I second the idea of a kind of "WARNING: All your work will be lost, are
you sure you want to quit? (y/N)" on trying to exit, but *ONLY* if the
application was started by (double-)clicking on it, otherwise the warning
will be a nuisance when running test scripts.

I think I know how to detect a double-click launch versus a command-line
launch on windows.  But I don't know how to do this, or even if it is
possible to do, on Mac or Linux.  Anybody have any ideas?

I genuinely feel that we should give a warning at start up and leave it at that... everything else is likely to rely on numerous assumptions. For example, a slightly more eager user may go to the command line and run sqlite3.exe but not realize that his database is not saved. I think we should keep it simple. Most users learn very quickly once their data has gone away!

Best Regards,
Mohit.