n Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:38:01 +0100, c...@isbd.net wrote:

>Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 18 Apr 2014, at 2:49pm, c...@isbd.net wrote:
>>
>> > Xubuntu 13.10 (which I'm currently using) has sqlite 3.7.17.
>> >
>> > Xubuntu 14.04 has sqlite 3.8.2, I'm not sure if they're likely to move
>> > to anything newer during its lifetime.
>>
>> If you're writing C or C++ code then you don't need to use something
>> supplied
>> with your OS. Just download current amalgamation version files and include
>> the .h and .c files in your application source code.
>>
>No, I'm not running from within C/C++, I'm using sqlite3 databases
>from my wiki (DokuWiki) so it's being accessed using PHP's PDO
>interface.  Can I update *that* to get printf() available within SQL
>queries?

PDO used to have a variant pdo_sqlite3_external (or similar name), which
linked dynamically to a standard sqlite3 library, but that wasn't
supported on all platforms (don't remember which though).

It was a great solution, because you could upgrade sqlite3 independent
from the PHP release cycle.

I'm afraid it is totally extinct by now, but you might be lucky.

--
Groet, Cordialement, Pozdrawiam, Regards,

Kees Nuyt