On 22 Jun 2014, at 1:56am, RSmith <rsm...@rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> Have you incurred quite a time-penalty doing the other work (which you
> described above) in this manner, other than initial learning curve?

One method to do what I wanted is to have each task do its own sqlite3_open()
and maintain its own database handle (as returned by sqlite3_open() ).  This
would incur a time penalty, since each _open() will involve a separate parsing
of the database schema.  At least I assume so, though it's possible that SQLite
is clever enough to notice it's the same file.

There's be a memory penalty too (need space to store two copies of the database
schema and working space) but I'm using standard computers and have plenty of
extra memory space.

But I'm wondering if anyone can come up with a faster or more elegant way to do
what I want.

Simon.