Richard Hipp wrote:
On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Micka <mickamus...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well,

All of my process are using Mutex to protect sqlite from concurrent access.

What kind of mutex are you using that works across processs?  All the
mutexes I know about only work for a single process.

pthreads supports process-shared mutexes. http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/pthread_mutexattr_getpshared.html

BerkeleyDB and LMDB use these to support multi-process access to a DB, which is why their forks of SQLite3 also support multi-process access.

It seems that FreeBSD and other related BSDs still don't implement these though, so you have to use semaphores on them instead. (Either SysV style or POSIX named semaphores.)

--
  -- Howard Chu