On 2014/09/21 15:39, Merike wrote:
Now I could very well be wrong about that as you say in your other reply that "It might simply be that Analyze did not get your QP to react on that size DB as it did for us". You seem to be saying that analyze behaves differently depending on database size...

This is very much what I'm saying but maybe not exactly like you think. ANALYZE really interprets the "Shape" of your data (average width, cardinality and so on) and from that provides figures to the Query Planner by which to make decisions. For this reason, running ANALYZE on any amount of databases, different sizes, different kinds of data, will all provide different figures to the Query planner and it is very possible to produce a set of figures running analyze on one DB which changes the QP's mind on what plan to follow, whereas the very same Schema DB but with other data in it might make the QP choose a different plan - either of which may or may not hide the bug in question.

Glad to hear the trunk fixed your problem though - that will be standard in the
next release.

Cheers!
Ryan